When: September 25-27th 2017
Where: C00.013, Biocenter
- Good experimental design and source of bias
- Systematic versus random error
- The distinction between samples and populations
- Estimation and the principle of hypothesis testing
- The Standard Error of the Mean and confidence intervals
- Understanding and reporting uncertainty
- Power, Type I and Type II errors
- Standard parametric tests and their interpretations, including p-values, test statistics and associated distributions.
GMP course by GmpAcademy
When: 4th to 6th of October 2017. The English course is fixed for 3-day programme.
Where: B00.019, Biocenter
Experience with GMP is expected from graduates of Life Sciences in many companies, but they are rarely taught at university. GMP-Knowledge is often a key requirement in employment vacancies, especially in the pharmaceutical industry. For this reason, we are offering a course for students and graduates in the areas of Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biology and adjacent Sciences.
Cetification: All those who participate will receive a certificate after they have passed the Online-Examination.
- Quality management system;
- Concepts of hygiene;
- Qualification and validation;
- GLP/Labor protection/HSE;
- and Quality assessment;
For LSM students the course fee will be covered by the Graduate School LSM!
Please contact the LSM office, if you are interested in joining the GMP course!
!For all students! Please sign-up to the course using the provided link! The German course is open for registrations!
GraphPad Prism, Introduction and Graph Creation
When: 10-12th April 2018, starting at 9:00am
Where: Room to be announced.
- Data import
- Descriptive statistical analysis
- Creation and optimization of output
- Mastery of the dialog system
- New funtions and procedures in GraphPad 7
- Graphical features of Prism
- Data visualization and export
Please note: All students are required to bring their own laptops and download the Tutorial Data Sets, Statistical Tutorials, and user guides from the Prism website.
Please contact the email@example.com if you are interested in learning a specific method.
Please note: LSM students should participate in at least two methods courses during their doctoral study.
LSM students are encouraged to attend methods workshops in foreign labs. For this purpose they can apply for the reimbursement of travel expenses and participation fees. Participation should be organized by the student.
Once you have registered for a course provided by the LSM, you will be held responsible to participate or you will be unable to attend any further workshop provided by the LSM and/or surrounding graduate programmes. Please give at least 24 hours notice to the LSM office before the course, should you be unable to attend, so that another student may take your place. Should you fall ill on the day of the course, a doctor’s note is necessary.
Previous Methods Courses
- Adobe Illustrator Workshop, with Dr. Andreas Binder (15 to 16 May 2017)
- MatLab workshop, by Mathworks, with Trainer Dr. Yvonne Blum (3 to 5 May 2017)
- Processing and Analysis of Scientific Images, Biovoxxel by Dr. Jan Brocher (16 to20 Jan. 2017)
- Applied Statistics in Molecular biology by Dr. Axel Strauß (14 to 18 Nov. 2016)
- Python Biobash Workshop (25 to 29 April 2016)
- Adobe Illustrator (21/22 March 2016)
- Comprehensive and Customized Image Processing and Analysis-BioVoxxel (2/3/4 December 2015)
- Statistic R (12 to 16 October) extra day on 30 November.
- Adobe Illustrator (14/15 January 2015)
- Statistic R (October 29-5 November, 2014)